Built to last
Ergonomics. Sustainability. Design
When we at Support Design talk about posture, it's not just about sitting and standing. It is our stance on health, body, mind and environment. A positive stance means that we work for a better environment both internally and externally as well as for an improved global climate.
All our manufacturing, from cutting, sewing, cladding and assembly, takes place in our factory in Sunne in Värmland. We use sustainable textiles and recycle materials and metals. But mainly we focus on making chairs that last a long time, so that you do too.
Our chairs – down to the last detail
- Our vinyl and textile upholstery is OEKO-TEX certified
- We use Scandinavian leather by environmentally certified manufacturer
- Our polyamide frames are made with CFC, HCFC-free manufacturing
- The metal gas pillar is maintenance-free and recyclable
- The foot cross is made from recyclable aluminium
What is Möbelfakta – and why does it matter?
As part of our sustainability plan, we work towards our products becoming "Möbelfakta" certified – a requirement specification for furniture from a not-for-profit company owned by IVL Svenska Miljöinstitutet and Trä- och Möbelföretagen, TMF.
Short guide to Möbelfakta
- An aid for producers, buyers, designers, retailers and consumers to find environmentally friendly furniture products
- Captures the technical, environmental and production ethical requirements of the outside world.
- Ensures sustainable development and provides a strong starting point in our continued work.