The life of your spine
1. There are over 120 muscles in the spine.
2. As we age, some of our vertebrae actually fuse together.
3. The first cervical vertebra (the bones in the neck) is also known as Atlas after the Greek mythological Atlas, who carried the world on his shoulders.
4. The spinal column includes approximately 220 individual ligaments.
5. Over 100 joints allow for the spine’s extreme flexibility and range of movement.
The spine is such a vital element of our bodies and yet we are often guilty of not looking after our spine by ensuring we maintain a good posture. Using ergonomic seating such as that of Support Design at home or work, is a great way to help maintain a positive posture and a healthy spine.